If you know me, you know I love my oils. My house always has at least one diffuser running, and I've even got my husband trained to reach for a rollerball before an over the counter medicine. Since I use essential oils for so many things, I wanted to share some of my favorites and uses for them with you! Lets talk about Lemon.
Lemon essential oil is made from...dum dum dum.. lemons! It takes about SEVENTY FIVE lemons to make one 15ml bottle of oil. Some companies may sell their oils super cheap, and it's usually because they cut the oil with other ingredients. I personally use Young Living because I trust their Seed to Seel promise. The lemon rinds are cold pressed to create the oil, which contains the naturally occurring compound called Limonene. Limonene is used in cosmetics, medicines, food manufacturing, flavorings, botanical insecticides, and even cleaning agents. Currently there is research on using limonene as a cancer fighter as well.
Ten Every Day Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
- Flavoring in your water. Good news- it's seedless! (Please use a stainless steel or glass container, as it can react with some plastics)
- Goop (and other things) remover. Once I accidentally over sprayed some teal spray paint while working on a project, and husband's motorcycle had paint flecks on it. A little lemon essential oil on a rag and voila- good as new. Also works for wax, nail polish, grease, and other sticky goodies you may encounter.
- Happy plant friendly insect repellent. Spray a mixture of water and lemon essential oil to keep pesky bugs at bay.
- Laundry freshener. How many of you have forgotten to switch your load from washer to drier? (hands up!) Add a few drops and it's good as new.
- You can diffuse lemon for an uplifting, clean, citrus smell.
- Clearer skin- use baking soda and honey with lemon essential oil for a natural acne wash.
- Polish wood or silver with a diluted lemon oil.
- Feeling sick? Rub coconut oil mixed with lemon on your neck to help fight off a cold and drain the lymphs.
- Nasty sink smell? Add baking soda and vinegar, after it sits and you rinse it down with water, add about 12 drops of lemon to combat that nasty dead animal smell.
- Ingest a drop or two in a gel capsule for improved digestion, cough relief, upset stomach and nausea, abdominal pain, and weight loss (heck yeah!)
Have some favorite uses for lemon? Leave a comment- I'd love to hear!
Looking to get more information on essential oils? Email me - I love to chat and answer questions! You can also check out https://www.oilnest.co/candicemacdonnell for more information and to join my team. Many thanks for my amazing upline who took hundreds of photos for us to use and always answers my crazy questions at random hours.
Always consult with your doctor before taking any medications or using any products, including essential oils.