Before I was nursing, this oil was basically my cure everything. Heartburn/digestive issues? Peppermint! Headache and tension? Peppermint! Peppermint is known to affect milk supply, so I have to go without until Maddie weans (which feels like forever at this point, haha).
Some common uses for peppermint oil
- Stomach discomfort
- Digestive issues
- Bad breath
- Energy boosting
- Mental clarity
- Muscle soreness
10 Ways to use Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Natural energy boost: Put a drop in your morning coffee or put some in a diffuser for a natural pick me up.
- Hair Care: Add a few drops of peppermint oil to your shampoo to invigorate the scalp and help stave off dandruff and lice. It also can help with hair growth!
- Bug Repellent: Peppermint essential oil can help keep away ticks, ants, spiders, cockroaches, and lice.
- Bug Bites: Roll on a diluted solution of lavender and peppermint essential oils to sooth those itchy bites.
- Muscle Soreness: Do a DIY muscle rub with peppermint essential oil to sooth sore muscles after a workout, or for arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Clogged Sinuses: Diffuse some peppermint oil and breath in to help clear your sinuses and find relief from common cold symptoms.
- Bloating and Indigestion: Add one drop of peppermint essential oil to your water or try peppermint tea before meals to relieve discomfort.
- Sunburn Relief: Peppermint essential oil can help hydrate your burnt skin and minimize the pain.
- Fever Reducer: Peppermint has cooling effects and can help bring down a fever instead of using over the counter medications. Mix with coconut oil and rub on a child's (or adult's) neck and bottom of feet.
- Reduce Hunger and Cravings: Diffusing peppermint can help you feel full faster and keep you from mindlessly snacking.
This post contains an affiliate link. If you decide to purchase anything, I'll receive a small commission that helps keep my site running!